Do you know how schools are rated in terms of quality? Here’s what you need to know.
A quality school is one wherein students are learning and will be ready for college or careers. CPS measures school quality with a tool called the School Quality Rating Policy (SQRP). This measures many different factors including: attendance, student academic growth, and student performance in terms of grades.
“CPS measures school quality with a tool called the School Quality Rating Policy (SQRP).”
Every year, all schools receive a level rating that determines their accountability status. There are five level ratings:
– Level 3: Far below average performance
– Level 2: Below average performance
– Level 2+: Average performance
– Level 1: Above average performance
– Level 1+: Far above average performance
To learn more, go to www.cps.edu/sqrp. If you have any questions, feel free to reach out to me. I’d be glad to help.